Galations 6:9

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Monday, January 17, 2011

Some are called to go. Some are called to give.

 Some are called to go.  Some are called to give.
Lisa Holcomb has been called to go.

    Four years ago I responded to the call to go into ministry.
After years of preparation, prayer, fasting, and working in the San Francisco community I had the opportunity to go on my first mission’s trip to Nicaragua in Summer of 2010. During the 10-day trip, we visited churches, the inner city of Managua as well as small villages with the most extreme poverty. We ministered to children and adults through song, dance, drama, puppetry and preaching the word. We also gave money and a week’s worth of food to over 1,000 families. 
My life was forever changed.
    For the past six months I have been interning at Glad Tidings Discipleship Institute, a year-long ministerial internship program.  This program placed me in full time ministry work,  beginnignthe training for me to become a missionary within the next few years.

    My dream is to help women in extremely impoverished countries.  My goal is to partner with others to help create sustainable economies, build water wells, schools, and bring support to their churches. I firmly believe that the Church is here to feed the needs of the mind, body and soul.  I want to be able to train others to teach women the skills to bring funding into their community.  I don’t want to bring an American Ideal of capitalism into a foreign country, but rather reach people through their own culture and language. Culturally centered education and economy.  My dream is big, and for me to succeed in this effort I will need your help. I need your help to meet my own personal needs, and to raise funds for this year’s missions trip to Monrovia, Liberia.
Here’s how you can give:
Purchase at MaryKay.com/DBarnwell. My friend, Denise Barnwell is an Independent Beauty Consultant with Mary Kay, the #1 skin care and cosmetics brand.  Denise provides great customer service, including FREE shipping. Denise is donating 25% of every order to support my ministry.  First, register on the website.  Then you will be able to order online 24/7.  When you check out, just type “for Lisa Holcomb” in the Comments box.

Gift Card for Safeway or Trader Joe’s.  Both stores are within walking distance. All I need is $200 a month (I don’t eat much).  Trader Joe’s gift cards are available only in the stores.  You can purchase a Safeway gift card at the store or online at http://www.safeway.com

Clean out your closet!  I would be so grateful for jeans (size 8) and T-shirts (medium).  Seriously, we do a lot of hard work in the community, including painting.  So your “old” jeans and all those T-shirts that you never wear can be put to good use.  Besides me, there are 4 other young women.  We need jeans in sizes: 8, 14, and 18.  Tees in Medium to XL will be much appreciated.

Cash Donations to Glad Tidings Church
Tax-deductible donations can be made by check, money order or credit card if you would like to donate funds for the Africa Missions Trip in August 2011. The amount of money needed for this trip is $2,500.00. This cost will cover my flights to and from Liberia.  An accounting of all funds will be available, and your donation is tax deductible.

 You can also write  personal donation checks directly to Lisa Holcomb, however, it will not be tax deductible. Please do not send donations directly for Lisa written out to Glad Tidings Church.

Make check or money order payable to: Glad Tidings Church
In the memo on your check, please write, “Africa Trip: Lisa Holcomb”.
Remember for donations directly for personal funds for Lisa Holcomb-please just make the check out to Lisa Holcomb
Donate online: Go to http://gtsf.org/tag/online-giving/
Note about designation “Internship Program: Lisa Holcomb”.

Mail donations – and words of encouragement to:
Lisa Holcomb
c/o Glad Tidings Church
1280 Webster Street
San Francisco, CA 94115

LAST, BUT NOT LEAST . . . Help spread the word.  No amount of support is too little. Even if you’re not able to help right now, someone you know may be willing and able.  Please share this email and become a friend on my Blogger Page “Gathering for the Harvest”.

I thank you in advance for your prayers and financial support.

Respectfully Yours,

Lisa Danielle Holcomb
Lisa@gtsf.org

No comments:

Post a Comment