Galations 6:9

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Monday, June 13, 2011

I decided to try something different...

As long as I've had this blog. I've posted about donating to different causes, written some. But have not really written about what I do here in San Francisco. Yes I could give you a laundry list of what we do in the office. But there is so much more than that. Working in ministry is a story that keeps evolving into something more complex and beautiful. If you go into this expecting anything more than watching Jesus move in others lives (and your own) you may be disappointed.

What do I mean by that, 'expecting more'? Well, once you make the decision to go into ministry-put on your helmet its going to be a bumpy ride. You really need to count the cost to work for THe Kingdom, and be prepared to carry your cross for Christ. It's not supposed to be comfortable, or even easy. I wish it was just bout beating down the devil, listening to CCM all the time and wearing WWJD bracelets. I officially just dated myself. :)

Those who live for Christ must be prepared to die-to themselves. Die to what you think your life should turn out to be. Die to the dreams and desires (that even may be from God) that you have. Die to your expectations of what you think ministry is. By the way, if you thought ministry is only on a Sunday-its not. It's your life, you breathe ministry you live it. It's walking on a tight rope without ever getting lessons and everyone expecting you to get on the other side free and clear-on a unicycle.

Now that I have scared everyone reading this. I need to say this: It's all worth it. It's worth the long hours, the lack of sleep (I'm learning this is apparently a minister thing), the corrections, the doing things you may not understand but get the job done anyway things. It's life, its people, its seeing Jesus alive and burning in the hearts of people who have pushed away the love of God for so long. It's watching people who have just learned who that Jesus guy is-to buying a bible an staring at words-to having their heart crack day by day and finally have the revelation that they are loved.

It's about the costs. Living a life for Jesus-not just ministry is about counting the costs. In the past year my life has been turned upside down and sideways. I never thought my life would be this way. But, I never thought my life could be this way. I didn't know what fulfillment looked like until I had nothing else to give.

I am learning to come to the end of myself and reach out to Who I know keeps me going.

It's a good place to start. Surrender. Obedience. Faith.

Galatians 6:9 has always followed me around my whole life, but it means so much more to me now.

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

It should sound familiar. :)

Continuing to gather,

L.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment