Galations 6:9

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Call to Give

Two months ago,  I entered a year-long internship run by my home church, Glad Tidings, which places me in full-time ministry work. I am training to become a missionary. I’m also finishing my last year in  bible school with Berean School of The Bible and in the internship we will be doing multitudes of tasks from office work, to working physical labor to praying for people and ministering to them by youth group and taking people out to lunch and coffee and connecting with them.

My dream is to help women in extremely impoverished countries.  My goal is to partner with others to help create sustainable economies, build water wells, schools, and bring support to their churches. I firmly believe that the Church is here to feed the needs of the mind, body and soul.  I want to be able to train others to teach women the skills to bring funding into their community.  I don’t want to bring an American Ideal of capitalism into a foreign country, but rather reach people through their own culture and language.  My dream is big, and for me to succeed in this effort I will need your help. I need your help to meet my own personal needs, and to raise funds for next year’s missions trip to Africa.

There are many things I am in need for like money for food, clothing and other finances that I need for daily life and ministry.

Here’s how you can give:

Purchase at MaryKay.com/DBarnwell. My friend, Denise Barnwell is an Independent Beauty Consultant with Mary Kay, the #1 skin care and cosmetics brand.  Denise provides great customer service, including FREE shipping. Denise is donating 25% of every order to support my ministry.  First, register on the website.  Then you will be able to order online 24/7.  When you check out, just type “for Lisa Holcomb” in the Comments box.

The Holidays are coming up soon.  It would be a wonderful time to be a blessing to others by purchasing gifts and knowing that a portion of your purpose is furthering the Kingdom of God. If you would like to donate:

Cash Donations to Glad Tidings Church

Tax-deductible donations can be made by check, money order or credit card. An accounting of all funds will be available, and your donation is tax deductible. (You can also write check directly to Lisa Holcomb, however, it will not be tax deductible.)

Make check or money order payable to:  Glad Tidings Church
In the memo on your check, please write, “Internship Program: Lisa Holcomb”.
Donate online: Go to http://gtsf.org/tag/online-giving/
Note about designation “Internship Program: Lisa Holcomb”.

Mail donations – and words of encouragement to:
Lisa Holcomb
c/o Glad Tidings Church
1280 Webster Street
San Francisco, CA 94115


LAST, BUT NOT LEAST . . . Help spread the word.  No amount of support is too little. Even if you’re not able to help right now, someone you know may be willing and able.  Please share this email and become a follower  on my Blogger Ministry page: .

No comments:

Post a Comment