Galations 6:9

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Putting feet to my faith!


Hey peeps!

Life is such a Big Adventure! Everyday, new and exciting ventures come our way that can change the destiny of others. It is said those who live their lives for others find greater fulfillment and happiness. I encourage you in the midst of your place in life to look for opportunities to give yourself away.

I have been offered one of those moments. Convoy of Hope, an international disaster relief and children's feeding organization, has asked me to join them this summer to give 10 days of my life away to the poor and suffering in Africa. Africa, with its different cultures and ideas, is a land of great poverty. We will be helping to feed hundreds of children and families in this oppressed continent. We are also going to do a School Extreme Makeover so that the children we are feeding can get a better education and escape their poverty. I'm excited to be going with my church, Glad Tidings.

Here is how you can help. I'm asking 150 people to consider giving me a one-time gift of $20. That will allow me to go and be your representative in this endeavor. It's not much, but if everyone can do just a little, we can make a difference together. Just think, your giving $20 can help to change a lifetime of poverty. You will get a tax deduction for your gift if you make the donation to Glad Tidings Church at 1280 Webster St, San Francisco, CA 94115. you can also give directly trough my paypal (its still tax deductible, just leave me all your info.)

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=GGKCDGP4PGQEG

Please send the donation to the church and mention my name so I can get credit for it. Also, if you could send me an email or text that you are partnering with me, it would help. My email is lisadanielled@gmail.com.

Thank you for considering this great adventure.

For Others,

Lisa Holcomb

No comments:

Post a Comment